As Miami is getting stricter on enforcing COVID-19 safety rules, it is extremely important for businesses to follow COVID-19 safety guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus, keep people safe and avoid penalties.
Miami COVID-19 Rules & Guidelines
The city of Miami is shutting down businesses that are not adhering to local rules. Businesses that do not enforce the wearing of masks indoors or other local rules will be shut down for:
- At least 10 days on the first offense
- At least 15 days for second offense
- At least 30 days for third offense
Face coverings are required for everyone in public settings in the city of Miami. Those who are violating the facial covering order will be issued a verbal warning for the first offense. A second offense will result in a $50 fine and a third offense would result in a promise to appear in court.
Stay up to date with city of Miami updates here: https://www.miamigov.com/Notices/News-Media/COVID-19-Updates.
Check out our COVID-19 resources page for helpful links and resources with up to date information on COVID-19 regulations.
How Can My Business Remain Complaint With COVID-19 Guidelines?
Some things that businesses may need to do to stop the spread of COVID-19 and stay compliant with local rules include:
- Enforcing the wearing of masks in your business
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces
- Provide hand sanitizer to employees and customers
- Have a COVID-19 response plan
- Develop social distancing guidelines
- Install signage for COVID-19 awareness, guidelines, and social distancing
- Operate at 50% capacity where required
What Can TSCSE Do to Help Your Business?
TSC Southeast is a South Florida safety consultant that provides COVID-19 safety services. We develop COVID-19 Safety Action Plans, provide safety inspections, offer staff awareness training, provide PPE and supplies and provide onsite EMTs for COVID-19 screenings. Our COVID-19 PPE and supplies include face masks, workstation guards, gloves, safety signage, hand sanitizer and disinfectant. Our onsite EMTs conduct COVID questionnaires and temperature checks using an infrared thermometer. To learn more about our services, contact us today.