Tampa officials launched a COVID-19 construction site safety program for threshold buildings — those structures taller than three stories, or 50 feet in height, or with an assembly occupancy classification exceeding 5,000 square feet in area and/or an occupant content of more than 500 persons. There are currently 52 threshold projects within the Tampa city limits.
Those projects must:
- Designate a COVID-19 Compliance Coordinator, who must be on the jobsite during all work hours; be easily identifiable via a helmet, vest of other similar means; and be available to workers and city officials.
Other cities in Florida, including Miami Dade County, are also recommending and encouraging all General Contractors to identify a COVID-19 Compliance Officer/Coordinator to oversee and enforce city/state COVID guidelines to prevent the spread of the virus on active construction sites.
TSCSE can provide COVID-19 Compliance Coordinators/Officers for construction sites in Florida. The COVID Coordinator’s duties include but are not limited to:
- Implement and oversee all COVID protocols established by the General Contractor as stated on the COVID-19 Action Plan specific to the site. COVID protocols may include:
- Set up COVID-19 temperature screening and questionnaires.
- Ensure that all personnel maintain a minimum distance of 6 feet from each other.
- Ensure that the site has handwashing stations equipped with soap and water and/or hand sanitizing stations in convenient locations.
- Prominently post CDC-approved COVID-19 information onsite.
- Maintain 50% or less occupancy in jobsite trailers.
- Ensure that all individuals on site, with the exception of office workers, wear construction-grade gloves, masks, and PPE at all times.
- Limit food trucks to the outside perimeter of construction sites and make sure there is only one point of contact for both drop-offs and pick-ups in order to limit interaction with workers.
- Close all sites to the general public and monitor access control.
- Provide a daily report to Project Manager with observations and COVID audit.
To request more information or a proposal for a COVID Coordinator, please contact our office or email us here.
Learn more about the COVID-19 Safety Readiness Program TSCSE is offering all clients to assist in keeping employees safe and jobsites in compliance, click here.